Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cut each breast in half and pound to about ½ inch thick.
- Beat egg and water in a shallow bowl until blended.
- Add garlic, salt & pepper and whisk to blend.
- Place parmesan in another shallow bowl.
- Dip each piece of chicken in egg mixture, making sure to coat. Allow excess egg to drip off.
- Place in parmesan. Sprinkle more parmesan over top. Gently press, then turn and repeat on other side. Shake off excess. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Place butter and oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Place chicken & do not move until edges are brown, about 3 minutes.
- Lightly press with spatula then turn over and brown.
- Lightly press with spatula and remove to serving plate.
Is this a bit much on the butter side for bariatric patients? I prepared it according to the directions and it is definitely delicious but seems a bit too buttery. I may try baking it next time.