BLT Deviled Eggs
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 8 slices bacon (or swap for turkey bacon)
- ¼ cup Fage Total Greek yogurt-buy a small single serve container
- ¼ cup Hellmann’s mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 shallot, minced
- 12 grape tomatoes, cut into quarters, or 1 medium ripe Roma tomato, cut into small cubes
- Micro green arugula or use a few medium romaine lettuce leaves, halved and very thinly sliced
- Put eggs in a medium pot, cover with water by 1 inch and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Cover, remove from heat and leave undisturbed for 12 minutes. Drain, fill with cool water, add ice and set aside until chilled, about 5 minutes. Peel and cut eggs in half transferring whites to a platter and yolks to a large bowl.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Coarsely chop when cool enough to handle.
- Combine the cooked yolks, yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, salt, pepper and shallot – mash with a fork until well combined and smooth.
- Just before serving, fold in the tomato and half the bacon. Put a few shreds of lettuce into each egg and add a dollop of yolk mixture into the middle. Garnish with a little more of the bacon.
Recipe from BariatricEating.com