Easy Weeknight Steak Fajita Skillet
Servings per recipe: 4
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and cut into strips
- 2 tsp. garlic minced
- *1/2 lb. thin-cut steak (look for the kind that says “for pan frying”), cut into strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 packet low sodium fajita seasoning (McCormick’s or Mrs. Dash)
- 4 c. frozen cauliflower rice
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/3 c. water
- Place a skillet over medium heat and allow it to get hot. Add oil.
- Saute onion, peppers, and garlic until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- While vegetables are sauteeing, place steak strips in a bowl and toss with half of fajita seasoning, along with salt and pepper.
- Add steak to pan and saute until browned.
- Add cauliflower rice and mix well, cook until thawed before adding the tomato paste, remaining spices and water, if needed. (If mixture is too thick to mix in tomato paste, add water.)
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Allow to cook about 10-15 minutes, stirring often.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Add toppings of choice: jalapeno peppers, shredded low fat cheese, or diced avocado.
*Can substitute chicken breast for steak if desired.
Consider freezing leftovers & reusing for another night’s meal to save time.
Recipe from Bariatricfoodie.com