- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup unsweetened rice wine
- 3 tbsp reduce-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cornstarch, divided
- 1 packet of no-calorie sweetener (like Splenda or Stevia)
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm water-packed tofu, drained
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp canola oil, divided
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tbsp water
- Rice noodles (optional – will change nutritional values listed below)
- Combine broth, sherry, soy sauce, 1 tbsp corn starch, no-calorie sweetener, and crushed red pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut tofu into ¾-inch cubes and pat dry, then sprinkle with salt. Place the remaining 1 tbsp cornstarch in a large bowl. Add the tofu; toss gently to coat. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the tofu; cook, undisturbed, until browned, about 3 minutes. Gently turn and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned all over, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer to plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the remaining 1 tbsp oil, garlic and ginger; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add broccoli and water; cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until tender-crisp, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir the reserved broth mixture and add to the pan. Cook until the sauce has thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Return the tofu to the pan; toss to combine with the broccoli and sauce.
Recipe from: eatingwell.com
Servings per recipe: 4
Nutrition Facts per serving: 216 calories, 12 grams of protein, 16 grams of carbohydrate, 4 grams of fiber, 12 grams of fat