This easy-to-make salad is a crowdpleaser at events and boasts a wide array of nutrients including vitamins A and C, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids!
- 3 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
- 8 slices of center-cut bacon, cooked crisp, drained & crumbled
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup red grapes, halved
- ½ cup toasted cashews (or walnuts or sunflower seeds)
- ½ cup olive-oil mayonnaise
- ½ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 packets of a non-nutritive sweetener (like stevia)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Place broccoli in a microwave-safe dish, cover and microwave on HIGH for 2½ to 3 minutes or until slightly tender. Rinse under cold water immediately and drain.
- Combine broccoli, chicken, bacon, carrot, grapes and toasted cashews in a large bowl. Set aside.
- For the dressing: Whisk together the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, vinegar, non-nutritive sweetener and salt in a small bowl until smooth and creamy. Pour over broccoli/chicken mixture and toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Recipe from: Inside Karen’s Kitchen
Servings per recipe: 8
Nutrition Facts per serving: 229 calories | 17 grams of protein | 11 grams of carbohydrate | 2 grams of fiber | 12 grams of fat